Kirk Road near Averill Road, City of Geneva
- Address: TBD
- Established: December 1, 1909
- Original Line: Chicago, Wheaton & Western Ry
- Rebuilt: N/A
- Previous Names: N/A
- Flag stop
Kirk Road was a local station on the Chicago, Aurora & Elgin’s Geneva branch at the crossing of Kirk Road. The stop opened in December 1, 1909 as part of an extension of the Chicago Wheaton & Western Railway from West Chicago to Geneva.1 Kirk Road consisted of a low level platform on the north side of the Geneva branch’s single track, east of the crossing.2
The stop closed on October 31, 1937, when the CA&E ended service on the Geneva branch and replaced the rail line with a bus route. Today, the Illinois Prairie Path passes through the location but nothing of the station remains.
Full station profile and history coming soon.