to home

The brick building of the Lombard station, seen here looking west toward Main Street in the early years of the AE&C, also housed one of the railroad’s first substations. Maywood, Lombard, and Warrenville all functioned as both passenger depots and electrical substations. They were built to the same plan, however the layout of the Lombard facility was reversed.

Electric Railway Journal


Main Street and E Willow Street, Village of Lombard


Full station/substation profile and history coming soon.

Station Timetables


Dec. 9, 1951